Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding Brakes - Hear Air when Pressing Pedal

Hi,

I put the car up on stands and decided to tackle the brake lines and rebuild of calipers. I took my time to do this and finally got everything back together not too long ago. I went to go bleed the brakes today -- tried gravity bleeding the right rear - nothing. I then tried pumping the brake pedal and holding it down while I loosened the bleeder valve -- no fluid came through. When I press the brakes, I hear what sounds like air escaping from somewhere and the fluid level in the reservoir isn't dropping -- seems like a bad sign. So... I'm left with a brakeless car right now

Any idea on what this is and whether it's a quick/easy DIY? Searching seems to indicate something with the MC or booster

What year/trim of the car? When I did this with mine, I read a thread on here that spoke about ABS cars with a similar issue if you cleaned all the fluid out of the system. I will see if I can find that thread, but dig around here a bit. I think in that thread the guy kept trying to bleed the system until it worked.

Comment

Working...
    X