Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very small brake fluid leak

Hey guys,

Maybe y'all can help. I've got a very minor brake fluid leak. I could see a drop at the bottom of the brake booster. I didn't have time to track it down. But it's very slow. The reservoir was just shy of the MAX mark in August. Right now it is just above the point where the two halves of the reservoir meet, so it's literally taken MONTHS to get down to that point. I just took a look from the top, and it does not appear anything is leaking from what I can see. I can't get back under the car right now.

Brakes are working fine, BTW.

I took a look at parts relating to the master cylinder and brake booster. I'm hoping that it might be either the O-ring for the booster assembly, the grommet (reservoir to master cylinder), or the gasket for the booster check valve.

Anyone got any suggestions or experience with something similiar?

Thanks!
    Last edited by estoguy; 01-06-2015, 02:22 PM.
    Estoguy
    1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Sounds like you need a new MC. You don't want to leave it and then in a couple of months its really leaking bad. There are rebuild kits however, sometimes its just easier to buy a whole new MC. When you are at a stop light and you have your foot on the brake, does the pedal very slowly sink to the floor?

Comment

Working...
    X