Sticking rear brake issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticking rear brake issue

I have an E30/M50 GTS2 racecar with a Massive Brakes Wilwood Superlite setup front & rear. I've been having an issue with rear brakes sticking and was looking for some suggestions. What's happening is that when I release the brakes, it takes about a full second before the rears release fully. When driving the car, the forward momentum overcomes the sticking without an issue, but I notice the issue if momentarily stopped on a very slight incline. In those instances, if I release the brakes, it will take a second before the car will roll. I bleed the braking system regularly and when the brakes are released I have no problem turning the wheels by hand, so I don't think they are perpetually dragging. It's more as if pressure is maintained in the brake lines for a second before wheels are released completely. Any thoughts or insight is greatly appreciated.

Have you messed with your proportioning valve? I thought I read somewhere that it will cause a delay with bleeding the pressure off, causing an un-fun automatic trail-braking effect.

Comment

Working...
    X