Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke Subframe Bushing Collar Off In Car

Hey Guys!

So its been a while since I've been on here, but I'm in the middle of freshening my rear suspension with the usual sub frame, trailing arm, and diff bushings and I broke the drivers side sub frame bushing collar off in the body of the car. Its broken pretty flush and trying to hit it from the top with a chisel or break it apart from the bottom is getting me no wear. I've searched and can't find a clear and concise way to remove it. Any ideas?
    1990 BMW 325i Sedan
    Mods:
    -Condor Poly CABs

Get a lag bolt that will bite into the aluminum collar (5/8ths iirc) and thread it in from the bottom. Once you have it good and jammed in there, pound on the tip of the bolt from inside the car. It will drive the broken off collar out.

Comment

If the above doesnt work (didnt work for me), drill out one side of the collar until it broken through then use a this flat head screw driver and bend it inwards until it falls out.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 88BlackS-ETA View Post
        If the above doesnt work (didnt work for me), drill out one side of the collar until it broken through then use a this flat head screw driver and bend it inwards until it falls out.
        ^This is quite easy.
        But you have to drill the hole a little bigger than what I did and use a small sharp chisel. two holes is even better.
        sigpic
        327is
        325es
        325es
        318is
        Fiesta ST
        E46 M3

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll try those things in the shop today!
          1990 BMW 325i Sedan
          Mods:
          -Condor Poly CABs

Comment

Drilled two holes in it and it came right out with a small screw driver. there is still some fragments in each of the two holes that I have to chip out with a chisel, but other than that, I'm golden! Thanks for the help!
            1990 BMW 325i Sedan
            Mods:
            -Condor Poly CABs

Comment

Working...
            X