Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

91 318is BBK brake upgrade. Booster & MC options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 318is BBK brake upgrade. Booster & MC options?

I recently upgraded my front brakes to Rx7 4piston calipers. Wanted to know everyone who is using BBK, what Brake booster & MC are you guys using. My brake pedal feels soft and feel like the front brakes are over powering the rear. Let me know. Thanks

I'm running the rx7 bbk as well and actually just finished up my brakes a few days ago. I'm using the stock 318is master cylinder and booster and my pedal feels stiff. I took out the abs system as well and ran all new lines. I can definitely notice a difference to when it is only the front brakes working and when the rears start to get pressure. There is a proportioning valve for the rear brakes if that gets clogged you won't get pressure to the rear I believe.

Did you install the front brakes and only bleed the front? I would try rebleeding all the brakes starting the from the rear passenger, then rear drivers side, to front passenger side, and finally front drivers side.
    -Dee
    5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
    IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Did you use FC or FD RX7 calipers? The FD calipers have larger pistons and screw up the balance.

If the system is properly bled with no blockages, FC calipers keep close to stock bias.

Comment

Working...
      X