Subframe / trailing arm measurement request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subframe / trailing arm measurement request

If anyone has their rear end out of the car right now - I need measurements for the distance between the mounting tabs for the trailing arms, the length of the bushings housing on the trailing arm and its inner diameter. I attached a pic for clarification

The ID is supposed to be 30mm, but if I could get accurate caliper measurements I would be very much obliged.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Wow... the craziest thing just happened to me. I went outside with a caliper intending to measure a spare subframe I had sitting in my backyard.... but it wasn't there! Either someone stole it or accidentally threw it away. Hmm.... Its not every day that you lose your subframe...
    Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
    '99 M3 / Track Car
    '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
    '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

That's random. Thanks for trying though!
      87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

If you still need the measurements in a couple weeks, i'm pulling the subframe on another car of mine and can get measurements for you then. Unless I find the subframe that's MIA...

Now that I think of it, why can't you measure the outside diameter, then the thickness of the tabs, and subtract to get the interior?

I'm gonna go outside and check
        Michael Spiegle

'99 M3 / Track Car

Comment

Using the left-most trailing arm tab (driver's side), I was able to measure an outside-to-outside diameter of 75.75mm. I measured the width of one of the tabs itself at 3.25mm. If you do that math, that means the inside area should be 69.25mm. I set my caliper to this measurement, and it fit perfectly inside.
          Michael Spiegle

'99 M3 / Track Car

Comment

Working...
          X