Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats everyone running for rear alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats everyone running for rear alignment?

I have the Ireland eccentric bolt rear alignment kit in my car. I have a Ground control adjustable kit in there, and its adjusted all the way UP with 8" tall springs.
    I always had a LOT of neg camber even with the eccentric kit in there, and the insides of my rear tires would get destroyed in a short amount of time. The kit originally came with shorty 5 or 6" tall springs, thats why I switched to taller springs.. I was assuming that the extreme neg camber was just due to ride height.
    -Does neg camber really ruin the inside of tires, or is it TOE thats doing it?

I just started working at a dealership again, so I have access to an alignment machine. I couldnt get any of the eccentrics to break free last time I tried to align the rear.. So the other night I pulled the whole rear subframe down, broke some of them loose, had to replace two of them, and one sleeve, and while at it, I flipped the outboard eccentrics (toe) so that the nuts faced inward. (I had the nuts facing the subframe bushings before and I couldnt get a wrench on them)
    So anyway, The left trailing arm must be bent because I can get -.30 through +.30 on the drivers side, while the pass side is around -2.5.

With toe, im around .80 degrees toe-in out back...

I didnt try to fiddle with the toe much, since I need to get a trailing arm and start all over anyway..
    But Whats the norm for rear toe settings?

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
    I have the Ireland eccentric bolt rear alignment kit in my car. I have a Ground control adjustable kit in there, and its adjusted all the way UP with 8" tall springs.
    I always had a LOT of neg camber even with the eccentric kit in there, and the insides of my rear tires would get destroyed in a short amount of time. The kit originally came with shorty 5 or 6" tall springs, thats why I switched to taller springs.. I was assuming that the extreme neg camber was just due to ride height.
    -Does neg camber really ruin the inside of tires, or is it TOE thats doing it?

I just started working at a dealership again, so I have access to an alignment machine. I couldnt get any of the eccentrics to break free last time I tried to align the rear.. So the other night I pulled the whole rear subframe down, broke some of them loose, had to replace two of them, and one sleeve, and while at it, I flipped the outboard eccentrics (toe) so that the nuts faced inward. (I had the nuts facing the subframe bushings before and I couldnt get a wrench on them)
    So anyway, The left trailing arm must be bent because I can get -.30 through +.30 on the drivers side, while the pass side is around -2.5.

With toe, im around .80 degrees toe-in out back...

I didnt try to fiddle with the toe much, since I need to get a trailing arm and start all over anyway..
    But Whats the norm for rear toe settings?
    I usually like to run about 1/16" IN per side in the rear.

Comment

Working...
    X