Installing a rear subframe with poly bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing a rear subframe with poly bushings

I recent got my rear subframe back from Garagistic and am in the middle of the reinstallation.

I wanted to confirm a couple things:

1) Do I need to use the washer that sits on the top of the bushing? I've read yes and no. Mostly no with Delrin and yes with poly.
    2) Is there a washer that is at the bottom of the bushing (ie between the bushing and the carrier underneath that is secured with the two allen bolts).
    3) The bottom of the bushing is flat and the carrier has a hump in the middle of it. When I tighten the bolts, the bushings deform and push the aluminum sleeve into the body of the car so it's no longer flush with the bottom of the bushing. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry can't answer your questions but I'm looking at a similar setup soon. Which bushing did you end up going with?

Comment

1) Do I need to use the washer that sits on the top of the bushing? I've read yes and no. Mostly no with Delrin and yes with poly.

YES with poly You need washer. With DELRIN I will use this washer too - bushing will be safe and strongest.

2) Is there a washer that is at the bottom of the bushing (ie between the bushing and the carrier underneath that is secured with the two allen bolts).

Yes you need to use this washer with both - poly and DELRIN.

3) The bottom of the bushing is flat and the carrier has a hump in the middle of it. When I tighten the bolts, the bushings deform and push the aluminum sleeve into the body of the car so it's no longer flush with the bottom of the bushing. Is this normal?

No It's not normal. This aluminium sleeve should have long as bushing + place in car for this sleeve + thickness of upper washer. Then You tighten it correct. Without any stress on bushing.

If I don't understand please show me a picture. My technical english is bad :D

Cheer's :)
      World quality custom part's for your race/drift/drag BMW, in low cost money.

https://www.facebook.com/Projects.SAS

Comment

Working...
      X