Brake ducts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake ducts

Anyone know where I can get a set of brake ducts other than bmp's $300 set? I heard that someone was making them but I can't seem to find it. nay help appreciated. Thanks
    Photoshop by O 16581 72452 5

What's the application? Aggressive street or track? For the former, you can set yourself up for like 30 bucks.

Also, what model year/front valence do you have?

I can upload pics of my home-brew setup when I get home from work.
    87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

The hardest part of brake ducts are the backing plates. The only place i know of to get them right now is Korman, and I am not sure what their price is.

Comment

They would be for a 86 es with the 87 is front air dam. They would be for only aggresive street driving and possibly a occasional tracking. Pics of your set up would be awesome! I would love to make my own set up instead of dumping the $299 on bmp's. Thanks a lot

Comment

For mainly a street driven car, you dont want backing plates. Brakes need heat to operate properly, especially if you are using high performance pads.

If you want to have a complete setup w/ backing plates for when you go to the track, have a coupler so you can remove part of the hose for the street.

The attached pics are something I cooked up in 30 minutes - I plan to improve it in the future. The coupler will be right where the hose exits the plastic fender well liner. The hose is attached to the bottom side opening in the 87 IS valence with pop rivets.

My setup is actually quite effective since it doubled the amount of stops I had to make before my HAWK hp+ started working (the control is the same daily commute).
          Attached Files
          87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

awesome thanks a lot man. I am definetly gonna try and cook up some dcust for myself and ill see how they turn out. Thanks again

Comment

We have some nice brake ducts at Korman too. I'll prob be putting them in soon. They will fit where the fogs are supposed to go. I don't remember how much they are iff hand but they aren't very expensive. The backing plates are built REALLY good. They are light and they are VERY close to the rotor so that the air is forced through the vents to properly cool your brakes. This means the plates are made specifially for your setup. IE what rotors you have, etc.
              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

How much are just the backing plates?

Comment

i will pitch in for a group buy backing plates for the front ^

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                    The hardest part of brake ducts are the backing plates. The only place i know of to get them right now is Korman, and I am not sure what their price is.
                    Wow, have you ever used the internet?

Both Bimmerworld & Turner have a backing plate kit, BW actually has one specifically set up for the e30's. Definetly your best bet rather than taking your chances with Korman's joke of a shop.

-Charlie
                    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                    FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                      Wow, have you ever used the internet?
                      Never.

Comment

Working...
                      X