Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

opinions on Performance Friction Carbon-Metallic pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on Performance Friction Carbon-Metallic pads?

These are now available for the front at Autozone for a nice price of $26. I had to look them up for an IS they didn't show up under an I. I remember they were like $40 the last time I looked and today I saw the new price which is dirt cheap. Plus I get 20% off so about $21 for the set. They also have a two year no questions asked warranty where I can just take in the worn pads and get a new set.

I bought a pair today and will install them soon. Any opinions on these pads??
    sigpic

anyone?
    sigpic

Comment

I dunno, but I tried it and the same thing - shows up for an "IS", but not an "I".
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

If you already bought them - install them and tell us your opinions.
        87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

i know that PF makes bitchin race pads. I have no clue about these though. Let us know.

Comment

how do you get 20% off . i want some o dat piece of pie.

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI
              how do you get 20% off . i want some o dat piece of pie.
              work there part-time, lol
              sigpic

Comment

I installed them today and they are much more powerful than the semi-metallics I had on there previously. I haven't been able to push them hard but so far they stop with considerably more power, but I'm not sure about fade yet. I didn't seem to need as much pedal to get the car to stop. They are quiet but I think they might end up dusting a little.

I read through the catalog and they are advertised as a more powerful pad compared to other semi-metallics and ceramics, but they are not as powerful as the PF Z-rated. They also advertised that they will last longer and won't fade at higher temperatures. Overall for the price range I don't think they can be beat.
                sigpic

Comment

good to hear, i liked them on my jeep grand cherokee but felt they took a bit to warm up.

Comment

Working...
                  X