braking pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

braking pedal

i have a problem on 318i while braking... it doesnot have any ABS etc...

when pushing the brake pedal, it doesnot go down... and the car won't stop... can anyone tell me whats the problem???

Originally posted by volgapower
    i have a problem on 318i while braking... it doesnot have any ABS etc...

when pushing the brake pedal, it doesnot go down... and the car won't stop... can anyone tell me whats the problem???

Check your brake booster, there is a vacume hose on it and if that is torn or unhooked it will make your pedal hard as a rock and there will be no braking!
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

there is a vacume hose on it

u mean the thin air tube going into the vacuum from the engine????

Comment

Originally posted by volgapower
        there is a vacume hose on it

u mean the thin air tube going into the vacuum from the engine????
        It would be a hose that would go to the intake side of the engine. The booster works off of vacuum.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

ok its dark now, ill check it in the morning :)
          thank you

Comment

Where are you posting from?

Comment

Georgia ///M

Comment

Like the Republic of Georgia or like the southern state in the US?

Because I live in FL and there is tons of light left in the day!

Comment

Republic of Georgia

Comment

welcome aboard!

Hope that is what your problem is/was!

Comment

volga power.... i'd like to get a gaz21, restore it and drop m20 in it stroked... too bad i'm in usa where you don't find any volgas...
                      sigpic

Comment

Russian e30
                        Hi

here in georgia we have restored Volga 21s, but they are all quite expensive+shipment+fees.... i had a Gaz 24 M50 (325) :D i crashed :(

Comment

i checked out all the tubes from vacuum, they are all good, i think the problem is inside the vacuum... we call it diafragma, maybe it is damaged...

Comment

OK guys and girls... i fixed the problem... i changed the vacoom and all is fine... now i will buy some FERRODO brakes and thats it with braking :)

MODER where are you, please close this topic ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X