Odd Brake Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Brake Pedal

Been dealing with this for quite a while. My brake pedal will go halfway down then stop, which is where the brakes engage. They engage really well once the pedal gets down, and feel good. Only thing is they’re relatively easy to lock up but I have shot tires anyways. If I remember correctly I was driving back when the pedal felt normal and then I had to really hit the brakes hard and the pedal started to go down fine then went almost all the way to floor. The pedal came back up and the pedal started acting weird like this. I replaced the lines with stainless steel lines because I found a small tear but non leaking rubber line. Bled with no help, but the pedal no longer went all the way to the floor. Fast forward a few months and I replaced the rotors and pads, flushed generously with new fluid and bled with a power bleeder. (This is a non abs car). The pedal still feels weird! When I push on it, it hisses until halfway down when it stops and the brakes engage really well. The pedal never goes all the way down to the floor. I was thinking that maybe I blew half the cups in the master and it just can’t bring pressure up to the top half of the pedal anymore, or maybe I have a bad line somewhere I dunno. Help me out. Thanks

I think Master Cylinder. You'll probably get some booster diagnoses too.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
      I think Master Cylinder. You'll probably get some booster diagnoses too.
      Yeah was thinking master as well, the booster is working well. I unplugged it and the pedal felt a lot harder but softer for the first half and hard at the end

Comment

Working...
      X