Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rx7 rear brakes upgrade

Hey Guys,

New to the forum! Im currently looking into upgrading my current brakes on my 1984 E30. It currently has "drum" brakes on it as of now, but im looking into upgrade it to RX7 brakes before doing an engine swap.

Ive spend hours on Google researching, I have only read about people upgrading their front brakes to RX7 FC TURBO / FD brakes, but nothing about their rears? As far as im aware, both RX7 Turbo and FD rear calipers sits 296mm rotors, but im not sure if the VW corrado 280mm would be sufficient for the RX7 FC/FD calipers?

Im just looking to see if it is possible to upgrade rear brakes with using rear RX7 FC/FD calipers with VW corrado 280mm?

EDIT: Looks like the rear requires a bit of work (trailing arm from a 325 etc) before being able to upgrade to anything. The front seems like a bolt on upgrade (if pursing rx7 calipers) most likely convert the rear to stock disk and upgrade the front to rx7. Please correct me if im wrong!
    Last edited by s2ne1; 08-20-2018, 05:52 AM.

Just run the OEM Disk brakes. E30's mostly just need the big fronts and the late model rears hold up just find. The Rx7 fronts are only used because there cheap and fit. I know a guy who ran E46 330i front and rear's there even bigger and aren,t even that expensive.
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Working...
    X