Toyota Hilux brake calipers on E30?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Hilux brake calipers on E30?????

Hello again guys,i ll go straight to the point,does anyone know if 4pot Hilux calipers (2005 and onward) can be used on E30? I have an experienced machine guy than can make me brackets to fit them on... I would love to go with RX7 calipers but there arent here in Greece and buying them from Ebay i should pay more than 150euro only for shipping and custom charges (4 pot hilux calipers cost 80 euro left n right)...Also,what other calipers could i use except RX7 or other JDM part?
    Instagram

Haven't seen anyone use them on here - they are a common upgrade down here in Australia for many makes, but have never seen them on an e30. They are heavy compared to a Mazda or Nissan aluminium caliper. Did you get a Nissan Silvia, Skyline or 300ZX in Greece? They all had nice 4 pot callipers.

Maybe some Wilwood callipers could be an option? Are they legal in Greece?They're not legal in Australia due to lack of rubber dust boots - our Australian Design Rules require them.
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Really? thats why i found so f#@$#g many used calipers searching ebay that were from Australia... Wilwood,Brembo etc are legal of course but cost so much...As for Skyline,Silvia etc,these cars are very rare here,cant find parts at junk yards and i should pay many euros for delivery and customs. I know that you get what you pay for,i dont want racing performance,just have less fade while hard braking. Is it a big deal that they are heavier than other calipers? could be this a problem? My poor E30 started as an carbureted M10 and finally i did an M50 swap some weeks ago,it has single discs front and drum at rear.Nvm,really thanks for your reply....I ll go for it,when i purchase the calipers,i ll post more. If anyone knows anything,plz help me!
      Instagram

Comment

I mean, if it's a street car it probably doesn't matter too much, but every kg of unsprung mass makes a big difference in handling. I'm not sure what you consider "expensive", but here in the USA a pair of Wilwoods are only $300.

Comment

Bringing this back.. Pshlos e30 did u get anywhere with those hilux calipers? Looking to do brake upgrade and we in the same boat as far as the jdm cars

Comment

Hello mate! I was looking for those calipers,but as a member said, price, shipping and customs, would cost as much as a used brembo or wilwood set of calipers... Another guy,used 4 pot calipers from megane RS..I think that they are cheaper and can be found in Europe (don't know where r u from)..
            Instagram

Comment

I'm from cape Town south Africa. I stil haven't gotten around to doing the brake upgrade. Stil trying to do more research on what to use I came across a forum (can't remember the name) but the spoke of using r56 jcw rotors which are 298mm and e46 330i calipers so Im leaning towards that right now

Comment

That's interesting....can you pm me or just post a message here,if everything go well??
                Instagram

Comment

Wil do bro Wil pm u everything that needs to be done

Comment

Working...
                  X