TMS brake kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TMS brake kit

Installed the TMS brake kit w/ drilled rotors and Ultimate pads. BIG IMPROVEMENT in braking along with the stainless lines and 25mm master.
    Attached Files
    1997 Porsche Carrera "S" The Mistress
    1988 BMW R100RS "Ultimate Airhead"
    1987 325is Daily driver and tracktoy with a growing list of mods.

I'm sorry, but BLUE CALIPERS? That looks like shit.

Looks great otherwise though. I like the wheels.

I will tell you however that drilled rotors are prone to cracking. Slotted or stock really are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
      I'm sorry, but BLUE CALIPERS? That looks like shit.

Looks great otherwise though. I like the wheels.

I will tell you however that drilled rotors are prone to cracking. Slotted or stock really are the best.
      I figured that somebody would notice/comment on that!;) I will be adding some graphics to the car down the line that will be BMW blue. I rebuilt and blasted the calipers and thought that red and black are overdone. Incedently they are powder coated. I have the Eastwood Pro Powdercoater, and it does a great job.

I have heard this about drilled rotors, but Porsche has put them on thier cars for years with no problems. Also had them on my racecar and never had any issues.
      TMS didn't offer a package with slotted for the E30.
      1997 Porsche Carrera "S" The Mistress
      1988 BMW R100RS "Ultimate Airhead"
      1987 325is Daily driver and tracktoy with a growing list of mods.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
        Drilled rotors are prone to cracking, yes. Rotors with the holes actually cast into the rotor are not.

The problem is knowing what you've got. Brembos are generally cast, as are most other high-end brands. Don't know about the TMS ones.

Comment

That isn't a brake kit, that is just brake parts with smurf calipers.

Comment

I have this setup with ATE powerslots. Good setup.
            Back to my roots

Comment

I have the same kit as well.

it's not an improvement kit, but it is sold as a kit.

had them for close to 10K mi, no issues.

TMS is up the road from where I work, and they are always a great help w/ questions and problems.

Q

Comment

15" bbs? Are they axis ultimate pads? Let us know how good or bad the brake dust is.
                Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Ive had em on for about 12k miles, and they do put out some brake dust. I was my car pretty regularly and it comes off easy.

Also, they often take a stop or two to warm up, but after that they feel awesome underfoot.
                  Back to my roots

Comment

hey guys do rotors pads and ss brake lines really add enough braking power for the money?
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yes, if you buy decent stuff. Not going to be night and day, but you will notice a difference.
                      Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
                      X