Eta ABS Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eta ABS Delete

The ABS on my car has never worked since I have owned it, and then my brake master went so I decided to do an ABS delete. On my Eta this works out nice since the non-ABS master is $110-120 versus $180-220 for the ABS master so it saves a bit of money. The reason I am bringing this up is that the everyone that has posted about doing the ABS delete has bent their own lines. The wrecking yard I go to had several early 325e cars with no ABS, so I pulled the three lines needed off one of these cars costing less than $10. The non-ABS master is the same on all 325e cars up to '87, and the brake booster is same ABS or no. You do need the non-ABS master though as it has three output fittings versus two on the ABS master. I just finished bolting the lines up and everything lined up OK with a little massaging. It is a bit tricky to get the front passengers side line threaded through the wiring and hoses on the firewall, but it was doable. So basically this is another option for anyone that does not want to have to bend their own brake lines.

are you doing this becuase you dont want to deal with fixing the abs or becuase you dont want abs...in which case i must ask why?? you race/drift the eta?
    No more e30s for me.
    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
    91 BMW 325i [sold]
    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

i have ABS on my eta, and i thought it worked. til that fateful day......

Comment

I did not want to to deal with fixing the ABS. If it was working I would have left it alone. The only reason I did it in the end was that the brake master went out. If that had not happened it would still be in the car. I have never had a car with ABS before this one, and I have never felt that I have needed it. I imagine that it takes a bit of brain reprograming to get used to the braking style required to get full effect out of the ABS in an emergency situation anyway. I am over thirty, so my brain is rapidly fossilizing.

Comment

Originally posted by np75 View Post
          I am over thirty, so my brain is rapidly fossilizing.
          LOL. I feel your pain..

I have been dealing with the crappy Chevy p/u truck ABS. I did the safety recall thing and it still sucks but the dealer says it's fine. The system is so sensitive it kicks in way to easy at the worst times no matter how light a pedal pressure I apply..

I pulled the main power plug to the pump and now have a dash full of lights but the truck now stops on a dime.. and amazingly enough, no lock up..

Comment

Working...
          X