radial mount calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radial mount calipers

how are they different, explain the whole radial mount thing to me.

im contimplaiting upgrading brakes and id like to get newer better calipers but i dont need anything really crazy huge so i was lookin at wilwood powerlites and just using some stock sized powerslot rotors
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

know what screw it ill just rebuild my calipers, i dont need to spend that much money on a brake setup
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
      know what screw it ill just rebuild my calipers, i dont need to spend that much money on a brake setup
      Good choice. BBK is hardly worth the effort unless you are very serious about tracking your car.

I know this from personal experience having built a BBK from scratch.

Stock rotors and calipers with good pads is a great setup.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
        Good choice. BBK is hardly worth the effort unless you are very serious about tracking your car.

I know this from personal experience having built a BBK from scratch.

Stock rotors and calipers with good pads is a great setup.
        Listen to this man. He speaketh the truth. He is the one the prophecy foretold of.

Comment

yeah i plan on just rebuilding now but im still kinda curious as to how radials are different

Comment

Great setup? Let's be reasonable. Adequate.
            87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

so u guys r sayin that a BBK wont help me? i dropped an s52 in and had to use the e21 brake booster, b/c thats wut the swap calls 4, but now the brakes suck ass b/c of the smaller booster, doesn't braking power increse with bigger calipers that have multiple pistons and bigger rotor surface area? im setting the car up for daily driving streets, weekend canyons, and track a few times a year...i need sum advice
              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Comment

Stock rotors (solid/vented) with a good pad and fresh fluid are fine BUT if you carry enough speed on the track and have to slow down TIME after TIME after TIME that's when you'll need more surface area (rotor and pad, piston) to spread the heat and not have brake fade.

imho
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                  so u guys r sayin that a BBK wont help me? i dropped an s52 in and had to use the e21 brake booster, b/c thats wut the swap calls 4, but now the brakes suck ass b/c of the smaller booster, doesn't braking power increse with bigger calipers that have multiple pistons and bigger rotor surface area? im setting the car up for daily driving streets, weekend canyons, and track a few times a year...i need sum advice
                  If you lost some of the "assist" from the brake booster, then you could either reduce the MC size (very few would do that) or get calipers with larger piston area. Stock e30 brakes will be adequate on the street. Just make sure that they are properly maintained (slider bushings, good seals, proper fluid bleeding), and that you have proper pads with the right heat range. e30s had Girling calipers (soft as cheese) and ATE (better than the shit English stuff).

If you do DEs, then you need better brakes with your engine. There must ne a reason if the e36 M3 has bigger brakes than the e30... ;-)
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                    If you do DEs, then you need better brakes with your engine. There must ne a reason if the e36 M3 has bigger brakes than the e30... ;-)
                    More weight, faster car.

Comment

Working...
                    X