Hamburg Technic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamburg Technic??

I'll be buying new control arms soon. I know that Lemfoeder = good and Meyle = crap, but whats up with Hamburg technic? I've noticed them on ebay and other places but I've never heard of them. They seem to be cheap.
    Last edited by Apex381; 02-05-2007, 04:06 PM.
    1987 325is - sold
    2001 330i - New DD

Never heard of them... Lemfoeder or OE are the only choices that make sense since you get waht you pay for.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Either here, or at e30tech, about 3 people using HT control arm bushings said they wore out in about 15k miles. I have some sitting right in front of me that I still need to install, so I'm hoping they don't suck

Comment

Hmm I was afraid of all that. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and get the right parts!
        1987 325is - sold
        2001 330i - New DD

Comment

Didn't Meyle buy Lemfoeder? I know Lemfoeder went out of business.

Comment

Hamburg Technic is not recommended. I understand it is another Sout Asian product with a German name. Lemforder control arms are the only way to go. Especially if you track your car. Meyle is also a good product for bushings and strut bearings.
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Avoid HT! They're garbage products made all over the world, mostly in poorly controlled and bad quality controlled factories.

Lemfoerder was bought by TRW.
              Mike

www.purems.com |Temecula, CA | 866-397-5487

Comment

hmm so are trw arms any good? I just found them for 60 bucks so I'm going to guess they are crap.
                1987 325is - sold
                2001 330i - New DD

Comment

Why not just go with Lemfoerder or Meyle? I bought some Meyle tie-rods the other day, are they about the same quality as the lemfoerder ones? They look and feel fine.
                  Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

well I know for a fact that meyle arms are trash
                    1987 325is - sold
                    2001 330i - New DD

Comment

I'm guessing you've used meyle control arms? How long did they last you?
                      Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Hamberg Technic makes shitty window switches. That's my only experience with them.

I thought that Lemforder was owned by ZF? I went to ZF's website a while back and saw that Lemforder was listed as a branch of ZF. Maybe TRW is an arm of ZF... :crazy:

So Meyle arms are crap? Hmm, they seemed just as good, and some places recommended them over Lemforders. I'll keep this in mind--I'm going to replace my control arms when I do my steering rack.
                        1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

No I havent used meyle myself. I had a friend who did, only to have to replace them within 6 months. Also I've heard from people with similar stories. Who knows they may be great and the guy I know screwed up the install or something, but I'm not going to use them.
                          1987 325is - sold
                          2001 330i - New DD

Comment

everybody's mentioning their arms are crap, same go for control arm bushings? When I was shopping, everybody said to buy from FCPGroton and I did and got HT CABs :(

Comment

Meyle arms aren't nearly as good as the OEM Lemfoerder arms. Meyle's been hit or miss with us, and not our recommended supplier.
                              We carry only the verified OEM products on our website and always the best quality components. Not just junk that's cheap and easily obtained.
                              Mike

www.purems.com |Temecula, CA | 866-397-5487

Comment

Working...
                              X