Help: $1K brake suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: $1K brake suggestion

If you had $1200 to spend on front brakes, what would you do? Is it possible to get a 2- or 4-piston system for this money? I want to stay with the 4-lug wheels.

The reason is the car has Alpina rotors, and a pair of replacement rotors would cost about $1200. The original Alpina brakes are 296/25, basically larger diameter disks and calipers.

Would you keep Alpina brakes on an Alpina, or upgrade to something else?

If your car is a real Alpina and that you value originality, then I am afraid your only choice is to go with those expensive Alpina rotors. Is this the best bang for the buck? I doubt it. Perhaps you can remove that Alpina set-up and store it away for when you resell the car. In the meanwhile, there are options out there for better brakes. One option among others would be products from www.massivebrakes.com
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

That's a great suggestion. The thought of keeping the original system stored away had never crossed my mind. Massive brakes does look like a realistic possibility for the money. But, as you pointed out, I'm wrestling with keeping the car original. It's a very difficult decision, as I'm sure the new 2-/4-piston brakes today are better than the 20 year old technology.

Comment

WOW, this question is a no brainer, store the olds go with something like MassiveLee sells and your car can always go back to stock at any time. Brakes are not anything to cut corners on and if you have that to spend go for it. You would not hurt the value of the car as long as you did not sell off the old OEM equipment!

Case solved! Call Lee!
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
        X