Girling 60 rear brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girling 60 rear brakes?

Hey all, I picked up a set of Girling 60's with the thought of using them for the rears on my '89 325i. I currently run the RPI BBK up front with a wilwood prop valve. I was thinking about using Mustang rotors (ala IE rear BBK). Does anyone have any suggestions for another rotor? Anything to look out for when setting up caliper spacing, mistakes to look out for, etc.?

If you can get ahold of some Z1 rear rotors they are 280mm and 4x100. Good luck though...

Arent the G60 calipers a bit HUGE?
    Last edited by 2002maniac; 12-18-2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

They are heavy, I didn't realize until I recieved them, I knew they were made for 11" rotors and work ok down to 10.1". The price was right so I picked them up. I may just sell them off again and use wilwoods, but I like the idea of using a DOT approved caliper in the rear. I need to make some measurements on them, they look like they are sand cast, so I may be able to take some material off of them before mounting.

Comment

What's an E30 iX Touring?

Comment

Originally posted by bwh13 View Post
          What's an E30 iX Touring?
          awd station wagon, not found in the usa.

Comment

i would go with e28 rear calipers. They are probably more apropriately sized and they are also meant for an 11" rotor.

Comment

Thanks, I'll call around to the junkyards and see if they have one sitting around.

Comment

Working...
              X