X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the low down: girling vs ate

whats the difference?
    are they interchangeable?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Interchangable if you change the carriers.

Will
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

more explaination please, i assume thats the part that the calipers bolt to
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

calipers

.........look at realoem.com
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

My biggest question is what did the ATE calipers even come on? I've considered swapping to ATE calipers, if I can find them, for the sole purpose of adding the brass guide pin bushings. Pads are still the same though, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by kendogg View Post
            My biggest question is what did the ATE calipers even come on? I've considered swapping to ATE calipers, if I can find them, for the sole purpose of adding the brass guide pin bushings. Pads are still the same though, correct?
            same pads......e mail sent!!

Comment

what cars came with what?

Comment

I took a look at my 318is on Sunday and my fronts are Girling, the rears ATE. Has anyone replaced their front Girlings w/ Nugeon replacements?
                Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

The ATE vs. Girling front calipers use different designs of the sliding pins. Girlings are waaaayy more common, but the ATE ones are of higher quality- they don't have those damn stupid pins that get full of crud and seize up. ATE calipers are more common on very early cars.
                  Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF 88iS View Post
                    The ATE vs. Girling front calipers use different designs of the sliding pins. Girlings are waaaayy more common, but the ATE ones are of higher quality- they don't have those damn stupid pins that get full of crud and seize up. ATE calipers are more common on very early cars.

I have heard same......and of course the ates can use solid bushings for track work...

I just located a set......but after cleaning up my g calipers, I may jus sell the ates.....we'll see.

Comment

im not sure if i wanna go through the trouble for a street car, ill probly just clean them up well and rebuild them and such

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan View Post
                        same pads......e mail sent!!
                        Umm, I def don't have any emails from you.

Comment

ate

KD.....sent it again.

Comment

Working...
                          X