Need torque spec.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need torque spec.

Can someone tell me the torque spec for the subframe? Thanks.

The M14 locknuts take 103 lbs-ft if you are using the stock rubber bushings.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

So it would be different with Powerflex's?

Comment

103lbs is pretty tight. I would just tighten then as much as you can without shearing the bolts. Just tighten them down "tight".

Comment

front or rear

Comment

It's gotta be rear, there are no Powerflex bushings that go on the front subframe!

It's a beefy bolt at M14. It laughs at 103 lbs-ft. I believe I've seen different torque specs for polyurethane bushings. Maybe it'll say something about it in the install directions.

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
              It's gotta be rear, there are no Powerflex bushings that go on the front subframe!

It's a beefy bolt at M14. It laughs at 103 lbs-ft. I believe I've seen different torque specs for polyurethane bushings. Maybe it'll say something about it in the install directions.
              Powerflex supplying install instructions? They just leave a note saying "use a lot of lube and goodluck!" :p

They are actually already installed but havn't torqued them down yet.

Comment

Im gonna go with Andrew here, just go till they are nice and freakin tight. A 14mm bolt should easily take twice or three times that torque spec!

Torque specs are really crucial on things like wheels and cylinder heads, on some other things they are just being anal

There is something to be said for attention to detail however...
                '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Ya, it's not gonna matter if you tighten it 100 or 120 lbs ft. Just use a cheater bar and lean into it.

Quarter turn before it breaks.

Comment

Anyone have the torque spec for the front subframe bolts? Can't find it in the Bentley manual.
                    San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerToad View Post
                      Anyone have the torque spec for the front subframe bolts? Can't find it in the Bentley manual.
                      Bentley says 30 ft lbs for the M10s and 56 for the M12s. Its on the last page of suspension and steering...

Comment

Got it, must have overlooked that table. Thanks!
                        San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Working...
                        X