• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mot View Post
    killer, looking forward to the writeup.
    X2:D
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

???

Comment

Tomek Get Off ur FAT ASS and make the damn bracket!!

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

This is a front setup for the 4 piston rx7 calipers right? what size wheel will everything fit under?
          '87 alpine white 325is

Comment

Originally posted by var1ant View Post
            This is a front setup for the 4 piston rx7 calipers right? what size wheel will everything fit under?

Probably a stock rx7 wheel.....(with e30 fitment, of course)

Comment

I have euro 15s and a front set of rx7 4 piston calipers, Can't wait for the brackets.
              '87 alpine white 325is

Comment

Originally posted by var1ant View Post
                I have euro 15s and a front set of rx7 4 piston calipers, Can't wait for the brackets.
                I doubt the calipers will fit under the euro 15's.

I can't believe no one on here can measure, the bracket is so simple it's funny. Take a ruller and measure the center to center distance of the stock caliper bolt holes, then measure the same distance on the mazda caliper. Subtract these 2 measurements and divide by 2, that's by how much you space the new bolt hole from the BMW hole either direction. Just in a straight line. Then just make the bracket how ever thick you can with the clearences.
                85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
                  I can't believe no one on here can measure, the bracket is so simple it's funny. Take a ruller and measure the center to center distance of the stock caliper bolt holes, then measure the same distance on the mazda caliper. Subtract these 2 measurements and divide by 2, that's by how much you space the new bolt hole from the BMW hole either direction. Just in a straight line. Then just make the bracket how ever thick you can with the clearences.
                  I'm just frustrated by how hard it has been to get info about this swap. I understand product liability, but there are a lot of companies selling products such as this. rs4, thank you for this post, it helps. That's the clearest info I've found yet, and I've been at the fringes of this for a year now.

The problem is that I work 14 hour days 5-7 days a week, on my days off I really don't want to be dicking around with my daily driver trying to measure for a set of brackets when the dimensions are known by a select few. I can spend the time to bolt stuff up, but when you factor in measuring and fabricating, it's a non starter for me.

So given that, Axxe, if you fab some up I will be interested. If you can come up with a good part number or info on the brake line-to-caliper adapter, you are my new hero.

Maybe by the time I get this put together, I'll be fast enough on track to need them!!
                  1973 Bavaria

Comment

swap should fit under 15s...but it doesn't make a difference when u got 17s :woowoo:

for more info, swap needs:

89-91 rx-7 (turbo) calipers
                    91-93 corrado g60 (1.8L supercharged) rotors
                    some kind of adapter to fit calipers
                    machine 1mm of surface either off the wheel hub, or the rotor hat

i also heard u need a brake line adapter from a volvo...that's the last thing i need, i wanted to know if anyone has conquered this problem yet...
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Brake line adapter?
                      '87 alpine white 325is

Comment

just get a brake line long enough with the female e30 fitting crimped on one end and a rx-7 fitting crimped on the other... wtf just give me a length and i can build them for you

if you really need the lines, PM me we can talk. im interested in this brake thing too. I need bigger brakes...i feel the inconsistency on the track....

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                        PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

wow that was pretty stupid of me...thanks for the logical input on the brake lines :p
                          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Any more info on this?
                            Originally posted by cabriodster87
                            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                            Originally posted by Kershaw
                            i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
                              Any more info on this?

Comment

For years I've tried to come up with an inexpensive big brake kit using factory parts. Back in the mid '90's Ernie Bello in West Palm Beach had an upgrade for 4 lug E30's using E30 M3 calipers and some rotors for a van. I've also checked out 300mm.de and his set ups using a mix of E46 & E39 parts, but with the site in Germany, I kind of had reservations regarding contacting and shipping. I've been looking at the Massive kits from Lee and was still apprehensive about extended costs, But this is the first I've heard of the RX-7/corrado set up and I really want to know more!

Comment

Working...
                                X