Trailing arm help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailing arm help

I'm putting in rear subframe bushings, and trailing arm bushings. The trailing arm bushings are and installed, but now the trailing arms do not articulate like they should. They are completly stiff. I torqed them to 61 ft lbs, bentley does not say anything about the torqe settings. Does anybody know know what the propper tq is? The subframe is still out of the car. Did I do it right and they are just stiff because they are new?

Thanks
    1987 325is - sold
    2001 330i - New DD

Did you grease them? With Poly type bushings you want the arm where it is when the weight of the car is on them then torque them down. I do not know the torque but it is in the repair manuals....I'll look in a bit.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Use some boat axle grease on the bushings.
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

yes I did grease them with the grease they came with, not huge amounts of grease but a nice film. 61 lbs isnt a huge amount of tq. I just read on another thread how the IE arm bushings are larger than the sock ones. So i guess they will loosen up with the weight of the car. Let me know what you find about the tq numbers.
        1987 325is - sold
        2001 330i - New DD

Comment

67 Nm

Comment

Working...
          X