Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help getting my control arms off the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help getting my control arms off the car?

Nevermind, I went to town with a 22oz framing hammer; that did it.

Hey guys. I managed to get all the nuts off the control arms, but I can't get them off the car for the life of me. I've wrestled with it for hours, jacking up the strut to different angles/heights, wacking the CA from above with a mallot, tried using a lever between teh subframe and the CA... nothing seems to be working. Is there some kind of trick to getting these fuckers off?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by peller; 05-28-2007, 09:56 AM.

Sometimes the center bushings gets a little oxidized and wants to stick in the frame. It also gets binded because of the load the spring is putting on the CA. Put a jack under the strut assembly and jack it up until the CA is parallel with the ground. Then give it a good whack with the hammer.

Comment

There is a trick. It's called a pickle fork. Get one and whack that with a hammer. They will come out shortly thereafter.
      Originally posted by chileelky
      amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

Air hammer FTW

Comment

The Problem Is You Are Not Holding Your Mouth In The Right Position. This Is True With Anything That You Find To Be Dificult. You Know Bite Your Lip, Stick Your Tongue Out TO MAKE Funny Like FACES OR You Are Biting It So On And So On. This Always Works Just Get Your Game Face On Which Ever It Is And It Will Just Pop Off When You Try To Get Them Off. Lmao GOOD LUCK

Comment

Working...
          X