Brake overhaul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake overhaul?

I have a 325is with girling front calipers and I've been browsing around and can't exactly find the rebuild kit for my car, I only find stuff for ATE calipers. can someone point me in the right direction? I'm going to get new lines, seals and whatever else i'll need for my brakes to be fresh again.
    '87 alpine white 325is

Originally posted by var1ant View Post
    I have a 325is with girling front calipers and I've been browsing around and can't exactly find the rebuild kit for my car, I only find stuff for ATE calipers. can someone point me in the right direction? I'm going to get new lines, seals and whatever else i'll need for my brakes to be fresh again.
    Pelican parts sells a Girling rebuild kit for $14 looks like. p/n 34-11-1-154-440-M134
    >>> My E30 For Sale <<< ||| My MCoupe For Sale ||| Miscellaneous Items FS ||| *E30* Items FS |||

Comment

Those seem to only be the seals, from my understanding there is a set of bushings in the girling that I can replace too?
      '87 alpine white 325is

Comment

The rebuild kit has everything you will need. I would suggest some stainless steel brake lines if you can. They help brake feel a lot. With the Girling Calipers there aren't any bushings to replace. Just the dust boot and piston seal.

Keanan

Comment

Oh alright thanks a lot, i'll be buying the following: brake rebuild kit all around and stainless steel brake lines, I already have new pads and rotors. Is there anything I'm missing? Another thing I was wondering, I keep remember that one of the front calipers (ate or girling) was a weaker design or twists some way can someone clarify this for me?
          Last edited by var1ant; 06-07-2007, 01:14 AM.
          '87 alpine white 325is

Comment

I went to O'reilly, and they had a refurbished caliper for me when my singular rear cliper cracked the piston guide ring (WTF) it was $35, and I needed it bad. (drove home from an AX w/o brakes)
            '89 325i track sloot
            '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

while you're doing the job, it's a good time to replace wheel bearings if you're still on original, also a good opportunity to switch to wheel studs. Get some new calipers too. Bead blast and paint/powdercoat your calipers while you have them off.

Comment

Working...
              X