fluid loss.. but firm pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fluid loss.. but firm pedal?

today my fluid light came on... popped the hood.
    fluid was almost all the way down. hmm.. pedal felt fine, but i topped it off.

within SECONDS, it was all gone again.

no puddle under the car, pedal still feels stiff.

WTF???
    Originally posted by Holland
    There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Brake or clutch pedal. Look in the car where the pedals are. You are probably leaking at the clutch master.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

ahh.. good thinking...

the guy who did my swap also added a stainless clutch line, and i took note of how it didnt quite fit in the bracket at the proper angle. it was kinda just hanging, and he said it was no big deal... perhaps it was.

i'll get under it tomorrow and see what up.

thanks.
      There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

If the rear seal on the master cylinder starts leaking it will start to fill up your booster. The booster can hold over a liter of fluid. Check that.

Comment

Don't mean to thread jack but if fluid was in the booster would that mess it up bad? I think I have fluid in there as well but its causing my booster to stick/drag the brakes.
          Max

Comment

interesting point, about the booster possibly filling up.

especially since in the last couple days, i was noticing that the brakes seemed to be sticking.

normally, my brakes squeak like a motherf*$#er... last couple times i have driven the car, there was a bit of a squeak, even when the brakes were not applied.

so, will the booster filling up cause it to need replacement?

this would SUCK, considering my car is 24v swapped, and there is no way to get the booster out with the engine in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by sefb222 View Post
              interesting point, about the booster possibly filling up.

especially since in the last couple days, i was noticing that the brakes seemed to be sticking.

normally, my brakes squeak like a motherf*$#er... last couple times i have driven the car, there was a bit of a squeak, even when the brakes were not applied.

so, will the booster filling up cause it to need replacement?

this would SUCK, considering my car is 24v swapped, and there is no way to get the booster out with the engine in the car.
              Yea sounds like your problem is similar to mine and you do in fact need a new brake booster, however not being able to remove it because of the motor is a big problem.... Good luck!
              Max

Comment

well, today i drove it around a bit.. brakes arent really sticking. i think that was another car squeaking, as i pulled away from a light.

BUT, when i was parking the car, upon my return home, the shifter didnt want to go into gear very easily... me thinks clutch cylinder.

Comment

Working...
                X