CAB replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAB replacement

im switching out some suspension parts for the first time so bear with me. i bought a set of m3 offset CAB's and was wondering which direction you faced the hole when you put them on.

If you bought ruber ones then they should have a little arrow on them , match it up with the arrow on the lollipops .

You want the holes out towards the frame rails .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

ok cool, but the bad news is we couldnt get the control arm and the tie rod to disconnect from the strut housing. we ended up putting everything back on so i could drive home. my other friend gets back in town on friday and we are going to try then because he has had the most experience with suspension. if all else fails i may have to find a shop to do it for me. hopefully the labor won't be extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by ctownhawk View Post
        ok cool, but the bad news is we couldnt get the control arm and the tie rod to disconnect from the strut housing. we ended up putting everything back on so i could drive home. my other friend gets back in town on friday and we are going to try then because he has had the most experience with suspension. if all else fails i may have to find a shop to do it for me. hopefully the labor won't be extreme.
        Were you able to get the nuts off and just couldnt get them out of the strut housing?

Step 1: buy some spare nuts that are the same size and thread them on like 1/2 turn.
        Step 2: Get a big fucking hammer and smack the hell out of the acutal housing next to the holes.
        Step 3: Hit the top of your spare nuts and it should drop out.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

we were able to get the nuts off, but ya the strut housing wouldnt disconnect

Comment

Originally posted by ctownhawk View Post

Nothing better than fucking dumbasses working on cars .
            Last edited by Teaguer; 07-01-2007, 08:56 PM.

Comment

just get like a 5-10 lbs sledge hammer and beat the side of the balljoint and get a pry bar to pry on the inner balljoint to get it to come off. easiest and quickest way to do it.
              My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
              There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                just get like a 5-10 lbs sledge hammer and beat the side of the balljoint and get a pry bar to pry on the inner balljoint to get it to come off. easiest and quickest way to do it.
                Its pretty hard to try and describe the process to some one who has never done it or seen it done before .

Seriously if you can't figure it out amongst yourselves then reading what to do on the internet is not gonna help .

Comment

well i didnt want to smack it with a sledgehammer-i didn't want to risk breaking anything. and that's mean calling us dumbasses.

Comment

smack it with sledge. it's not going to break anything. that metal is THICK!!
                    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

alright thx. we will give it a try on friday then.

Comment

maybe I'm missing something, but you dont need to remove the struts, balljoints, tie rods, etc. to change the cabs.

Just remove the 2 17mm bolts that secure the lollipop and pull it off. Get the new cabs pressed into the lollipops and reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                          maybe I'm missing something, but you dont need to remove the struts, balljoints, tie rods, etc. to change the cabs.

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                          Nothing better than fucking dumbasses working on cars .

Comment

Working...
                          X