Positive Camber

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SWAPJUNKIE
    replied
    You may have the wrong rear conrtrol arm bushing or control arm.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    Originally posted by whiltebeitel
    Maybe the outside wear is due to all the caster messing with your front camber as you drift. Your passenger front in your sig is leaned out a lot.

    Why don't you just get it aligned, that'll clear everything up really quick. It'll probably de-bunk my drift-theory. Maybe the front end is out of spec. There are some spec charts that you can measure your engine bay to check for squareness and deformation.
    Originally posted by rwdrift
    Car in question: '87 325iC, beyond stock.

    Leave a comment:


  • whiltebeitel
    replied
    Maybe the outside wear is due to all the caster messing with your front camber as you drift. Your passenger front in your sig is leaned out a lot.

    Why don't you just get it aligned, that'll clear everything up really quick. It'll probably de-bunk my drift-theory. Maybe the front end is out of spec. There are some spec charts that you can measure your engine bay to check for squareness and deformation.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    I have no read outs, I'm going by what the PO said.

    Also, as a side note I forgot to mention. If you steer the car completely, the steering wheel will not return. Basically at the very last 1/4 turn, it'll just want steer itself outwards and hold it there. I figure that'd be toe out, since toe in would want to straighten itself too much.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joe318is
    replied
    do you have a read out of the positive camber? I.E. Alignment specs or are you going on tire wear issues? Could it be excessive toe in?

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    started a topic Positive Camber

    Positive Camber

    Car in question: '87 325iC, beyond stock.

    I am getting positive camber on both front wheels. They are wearing out tires fairly quick. I am trying to analyze what's going on.

    I am looking at the service records, and since May of '05 the car has brand new:

    Control Arm
    CABs
    Tie Rods
    Upper Strut Mounts

    The previous owner mentioned that it's an alignment issue, but I'm convinced that BMW can only adjust their toe in the front (through the tie rods), which brings a huge "wtf" to what's really causing this positive camber.

    Thoughts, inputs?

    TIA,
    Erick
Working...