ATE and Girling brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATE and Girling brake pads

Simple question: Do ATE and Girling have the same brake pads on a 325i?

The reason i ask this is because i just bought both front and rear pads for my car in the United States ( im here on holiday ) and my car is a German made right hand drive in New Zealand and i have no idea what brake set up i have. My car is a 1986 ( actually made in september 85 ) and i asked for pads for a 1987 ( earliest 325i's to come to the USA ) at Pep Boys, they said they would fit my car but from what i have read this evening there are two makes of calipers. I dont want to go home with the wrong pads so your help would be much appreciated!

Mark

Why not just wait until you get home to buy them? Price or availability issue?

Comment

According to FCP Groton, all E30's use the same pads except for the M3.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
        Why not just wait until you get home to buy them? Price or availability issue?
        Both, they are about 40% cheaper here, and you have a better range. I talked to my mate and he got given the wrong pads first time around with his 325i, and he had to return them, that was in NZ. So i have decided to not risk getting the wrong ones and get one in NZ. Maybe it's just some NZ new BMWs have different pads? Who knows.

Comment

Working...
        X