brake troubles, need help from experienced minds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake troubles, need help from experienced minds

my brake feel has worsened rapidly over the last few weeks. to the point that i wont even drive the car, which sucks. i tried to bleed my brakes and the backs bled fine. but the front passenger side caliper is locked up. i removed the bleeder all the way, and no fluid. so, i loosened the brake line first at the metal line and then at the caliper and it had fluid in it. i could get it to bleed through the metal line fine it would just not move through the caliper. is there a way to remedy this? or do i need a new caliper?

Sounds like the piston is frozen in the caliper. You can either rebuild that caliper, or (better) get a replacement and rebuild/use that one. Once the piston is frozen, it's probably not worth keeping the caliper.

Comment

Originally posted by redhatpat View Post
      Sounds like the piston is frozen in the caliper. You can either rebuild that caliper, or (better) get a replacement and rebuild/use that one. Once the piston is frozen, it's probably not worth keeping the caliper.

thanks for the .02 i found the caliper for $46 locally so consider it new!

Comment

Working...
      X