brake fluid and changing lines ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake fluid and changing lines ??

hey, ive been reading about the super blue brake fluid and that you have to change it more often than regular. How often should i bleed my brakes if I use it and is there any write ups that can help me with getting to the two lines that are hard to get in the back.
    thanks.

Depending on how hard you use your car, depends on the fluid change.

The two lines are a pain unless you have the diff out... I did mine when I had the diff out, subframe in but trailing arms out.

Comment

For street use brake fluid (including ATE) should be changed ever other year. If the car sees track track time the fluid should be changed every three months. Or before each track event if they are more than three months apart.

I'm not a fan of ATE Super blue as the dye will stain the reservoir and make level checks difficult. ATE Type 200 is the same fluid, sans dye. A good alternative to ATE is Valvoline SynPower fluid. Its dry boiling point is only slightly lower than that of ATE fluid and it is cheaper and readily available.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Valvoline discontinued Synpower! :(

They replaced it with stuff in a white bottle with a blue label called Synthetic DOT 3/4 Brake Fluid or something close to that effect. I just flushed my brake system with a can.

The dry BP is the same (480F), but the wet BP has been knocked down to 311F, from 343.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

That sucks... At least I still have 2 liters of SynPower fluid. That'll get me through the rest of this season. Then I guess I'll switch back to using AP 551.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
            Valvoline discontinued Synpower! :(
            Re-named to Valvoline synthetic. Too many people were confusing it with silicone brake fluids.

+1 on this stuff, it works great and is easily available.

Comment

Working...
            X