Wilwood users...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilwood users...

does anyone experience caliper flex under pressure of it (braking) ? While we were blidding the brake lines with out the wheels mounted in the front I did notice the caliper will flex "quite alot" but from the outder side of it basically, this kinda scare me a bit.

While I was talking to a fried who has a heavily Impreza GT modded, he run full Wilwood (front and rears) BBK with 6 piston in front and 4 piston on the rear he was like "uh..dunno, let's check mine) and so did the same as mine, the 6 piston caliper did flex some just as my Superlites 4 piston calipers and he was kinda shocked with that.

Oh, if you are reading this Lee, the noise I talked to you about, are defentetly from the pistons itself, while making the oise (with out the wheel mounted) I added some brake fluid to the pistons and the noise went away right there. So it wasn't the pad compound.

-Diego

PS: Did my friend send you the money for the Q pads?
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

none?
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I'm running Massive Lee's Racing Kit in the front and have experienced what sounds like a wheel bearing noise during DS events (accompanied by the smell of brake pads). My wheel bearings are new and the noise does not present itself during normal driving. Is this caused by caliper flex?
      Mike

82 Alfa Spider (For Sale)
      86 944 Turbo
      87 CX25 TRD Turbo2
      89 405 Mi16
      89 Milano Verde
      89 Mondial t Coupe
      92 300D

Comment

Working...
      X