Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

control arm/bushing options

Hey Gang,

I'm going to replace my control arms/ball joints and the bushing on my 1991 318is.

What are my options? The other one I had, had the E36 arms. Whats the difference? Also, would the e30 M3 eccentric bushings work on a stock control arm? Whats the difference?

thanks
    [SIGPIC]*******
    Aashish
    '69 BMW 2002
    '75 Innocenti Mini
    '87 325is w/S52
    '04 BMW 330i ZHP
    '04 Tacoma--parts hauler!

Originally posted by ash00 View Post
    Hey Gang,

I'm going to replace my control arms/ball joints and the bushing on my 1991 318is.

What are my options? The other one I had, had the E36 arms. Whats the difference? Also, would the e30 M3 eccentric bushings work on a stock control arm? Whats the difference?

thanks
    Subframe - poly or oem
    Trailing arm - oem
    Control arm - offset e36 ones = most caster = stability
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I just did this job.

With the control arms, you will have a choice between different manufacturers. Everyone says that Lemforder is the best / last longer.

With the busings, you can get OEM rubber, M3 offset rubber, and various aftermarket designs. I went with the M3 offset CABs. They work fine with stock control arms. They must be pressed into their mounts. They have a specific orientation as well. There is a mark on the bushing that should be aligned with a mark on the mount.

I bought all the parts from Patrick at BMA.

Comment

I'm interested as well. Would the oem m3 control arm (steel and aluminum) fit the e30 318is?
        Now: 1991 318is Diamond Schwartz ;)
        Then: 1990 M3 Brilliant Red (sold) :(
        Then: 2002 330i (sold) :grin:

Comment

Ground Control, Control Arm Bearings. Worth the dough.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
          X