caliper pin stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caliper pin stuck!

My girls cars brakes stated squeaking so i checked the out outer brake pad and it was fine so i put it off until another time. a week later it started grinding so i took it to the shop because its never been checked out before and i figured it would be a good idea to have a pro take a look at the hole car. Anyways the inner pad was down to the metal and the rotor was being ground into, so i told them i would fix it myself (lack of $$$) So i get it apart and the pin wont go in or out but it does rotate with wrench (that explanes the inner pad only) should i just buy a new one or go to junk yard? is there a trick i could use to get it out?
    Last edited by T Verdier; 09-09-2008, 09:12 PM.

wait...were u able to get the caliper off?
    -Frank
    1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
    1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
    2001 525i

Comment

yes it was no problem the bolt (#11) came out fine. Im gonna go to the junk yard tommorow morning if anybody else wants to cruise to windsor pick n pull let me know.
      Last edited by T Verdier; 09-09-2008, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Dunno, but I cant go. I have to be at work at 6:30 am, then going straight to cash my check, get my mom, and go down to to buy a bike in either Sausalito, or Redwood City. Problem is theres two bikes, one the better, even lighter, compact frame version of the other ($1k more MSRP), but they're both on sale for the same amount. If Mikes Bikes price matched the place in Redwood City they'd have to take $600 off their sale price, and I can't go with her to Redwood City, as it's too far to get back in time for family stuff. Oi.

Comment

tangents.

:P send me taht actual pic TJ!!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
          HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
          **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Working...
          X