cheap rear wheel bearing tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap rear wheel bearing tool

this is what I put together for mine about 8 or so years ago , someone wanted me to post a pic so here it is , it is a 3/8 threaded rod about 18 inches long , (2) 3/8 nuts , (2) 2 inch galvanized pipe caps , a 30 mm socket , and asorted washers. It worked great for me and cost about 15 bucks , so here you go .
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    mods: just meat and potatoes under the hood and wheaties on fire out back ;)

So how does this work?

Explain it to me please.

Comment

so you didn't need a press to install the new bearing?
      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Looks like a pipe bomb. or...something. Not like I know what pipe bombs look like or anything...er...
        '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

i threw together something similar when i did mine a few months ago worked great and couldnt possibly be easier.

you put the one cap on the back side of the arm, slide the rod through with the two nuts locked against each other on the back side of the cap, put the bearing up against the arm maybe tap it a little to get it started and slide the other cap over the rod then thread on the nut until its tight up against the outter race of the bearing then crank it down until the bearing is seated and done.

Comment

This is the press , you use the socket , which fits in the hole on the trailing arm , and put the cap with the cup facing the bearing so it will press into the cap , nuts and washers on both sides and start turning the nuts , and it presses it out , to press it in , you put the bearing in the freezer for a bit to shrink it up , then put one cap on the back side of the trailing arm hole , slide the bearing on to the rod , then the socket , then the other cap , then a washer or two , and a nut , start turning the nuts and it will press it in.
            sigpic
            mods: just meat and potatoes under the hood and wheaties on fire out back ;)

Comment

omg I must do this
              1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Working...
              X