Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear sub bushings: stock vs aftermarket. Vibration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear sub bushings: stock vs aftermarket. Vibration?

At 108k miles my original rear subframe pop can bushings are no doubt shot! This car is a cruiser, no Auto-X or track so I don't want a bunch of vibrations coming through the chassis from rigid aftermarket bushings!

What is the general consensus on OE BMW vs aftermarket subframe bushings vibration-wise? Who makes the softest aftermarket ones and is it worth using them vs buying new OE bushings?

For a pure street car, use the OE bushings. They'll last another 20 years and won't increase the noise or vibration level. And while you are at it, replace the trailing arm bushings as well as the two soft brake lines that almost impossible to get to with the subframe mounted.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

As said above, I'd go with OE standard bushings on a car intended for nothing but street cruising.

If you are doing any heavy driving though, I'd go with something a bit more solid. It's a job I dont like to do, so I would only want to do it once.

Comment

One semi-cushy option:

"If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

oem subframe and trailing arms bushings.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Anything aftermarket will increase road noise / vibration.
            Originally posted by KingB
            Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

Working...
            X