eccentric TA bushings how to install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eccentric TA bushings how to install

I ordered these from BAVAUTO PT # 33 32 9 058 822. I assumed that these were the ones that had the adjuster built in and just needed a thin wrench to adlust them but these have numbers and dashes on them from 1-8. My question is what so i set them at and where does that number go on the TA. I do have a lot of negative camber and would like to get rid of some but the tires do't have to be at a stock setting. Help before i install these wrong
    Originally posted by Nicademus
    My car beats off to that car. :bow:

The bav auto ones i ordered were $150 and are blue. I had to slightly enlarge the mounting holes to fit in the eccentric bolt. Setting the camper is pretty straight forward. Its the toe that sucks. If i were to do it all again i would not have installed the toe kit.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I didn't get the toe kit. My bushings are black and have little marks on them with numbers, it looks like you have to know where you want it before you install them. there is no adjustment after they are instaled and i don't want to have to take them out just to turn them. I will try and put a pic up later when i have a camera

Comment

Ok so I called BavAuto since I wasn't getting anything on here. It made sense what they said and that is what i needed. To reduce camber:
        Put the inner TA bushing so that the inner metal tube is at a 12 o'clock position
        Put the outer TA bushing so that the inner metal tube is at the 6 o'clock position

The guy didn't know what the measurements on the TA bushings were. They are for a fine tuning of camber but how???

Those are my dogs toys in the back. Just in case you wondered

Comment

The problem with these are that if you don't leave them at 12 and six they also change the toe. So as i've come to find out its a major payne in the ass if you don't have an alignment rack. Even at 12 and six you'll still have some rear camber. Next time i'm just going to slot the factory holes and weld on a reinforcement plate with the hole a 1/4" higher and lower then the stock locations.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I guess that i went the cheaper way to get rid of some rear camber. I also am about to rebuild a rear subframe to put up in my car. So i will 12 and 6 and use a tape measure for the alignment.

Comment

Working...
            X