Stock Alignment (Bad rear toe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Alignment (Bad rear toe)

So I got an alignment today on my new to me 91 318is.

Here are the specs
    Front:
    Camber L -0.76 R -0.31
    Caster L 7.82 R 7.45
    Toe L 0.13 R 0.13

Rear
    Camber L +0.03 R -0.33
    Toe L -1.25 R -.096

Car interior is striped to only the drivers seat. No suspension mods. Is my rear subframe, trailing arms borked? There is a dent on the L rear QP.

Could be worn subframe bushings and/or trailing arm bushings. If those don't help the left trailing arm is probably damaged.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Wow how high does your car sit? It does not seem too bad but the rear tow and camber #'s look mixed up. Drop the subframe out and while your replacing all the bushings install adjusters for camber and tow. You should be fine. Just make sure the subframe hasn't been tweeked too hard. Might even be better to get a known good used subframe and build it. Then Install

Mr Sik

Comment

Could very well simply be bad trailing arm or subframe bushings.
        sigpic

88 325is

Comment

A bad subframe ussually has excessive camber and also towed way out on the bent side. If your car has damage in that side it's prolly bent. Look down the side of your car and line up the fr and rr tires it will be obvious wich one is towed out cuz you wont be able to see the back of that tire. Anyway when you clip a curb or depending which way your hit in an accident on that side to trialing arm by design acts as a big lever. It then bends to subframe more on that side thus giving you a jacked up alignment. If your car had everything it or lowered the rear would be futher out.

Mr Sik

Comment

Working...
          X