Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

replaced rotors, pads, fluids and E-brake shoes...now I need E-brake cables.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replaced rotors, pads, fluids and E-brake shoes...now I need E-brake cables.

Is there anyone that sells the cables for cheap? or do i have to buy them brand new :( from the dealership.

My brakes are sticking :( the E-brake was too stretched and now with the new shoes its smoking and hard to drive because they are a little pulled.

Any help would be amazing.
    thanks guys.

Super E30 newb

Yeah, Febi (and a few other aftermarket manufacturers) makes cables for the E30. They're like $16 each at fap99.com.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I ll rexplaine everything.

So I went in today and installed the front rotors and pads and everything was amazing.
      Then moved to the rear. Well I realized there's no pad left at all on the E brake shoes, so I called and got me some new e brake shoes. Well first of all it was a bitch to install the rotors on because it was an extremely a tight fit but I managed to get it on.

Time came to adjust the e brake cables from the cabin, well even on the lowest/softest setting it still clamping (I believe) the e brake.

So I think the e brake cables are too stretched that now they dont work.. is that possible?

Super E30 newb

Comment

thanks for the link. wow they are cheap. I thought they would be way more.

thank you.

Super E30 newb

Comment

Um, no, you need to set the e-brake clearance with the barrel adjuster that is inside the rear brake disc.

There should be a detailed procedure somewhere, but the essence is, you pull the ebrake handle up like 5 clicks. Remove one lugbolt from each rear wheel, then put the rear of the car in the air. Make sure you secure it.

Turn the empty lug hole to around 1PM or so until you see the teeth of the barrel adjuster. This sets the clearance of the brake shoes. Individually adjust each shoe adjuster so that there is just a bit of grab on both wheels.

You do this with a flat blade screwdriver inserted into the lug hole.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

sweet mother of god i missed that completly. Do you have the detailed instructions anywhere?

Super E30 newb

Comment

yeah its not self adjusting like some other cars out there.
              Originally posted by codyep3
              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
              2010 F650gs twin
              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

hahaha fuck me I might have ruined the shoes or something we will see. I completly though it was self adjusting :(

Super E30 newb

Comment

Originally posted by sheefo2k View Post
                  sweet mother of god i missed that completly. Do you have the detailed instructions anywhere?

The best thing to do is pick up a service manual. Bentley is the best but Haynes is better than nothing. It will save you a lot of time and you won't have to risk making the nice forum people angry by asking unnecessary questions. I hope you didn't ruin the new shoes when you forced the rotors back on.

Comment

Working...
                  X