Converting to Non-ABS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting to Non-ABS

my abs box for some apparent reason has never worked. Now, im wishing to take out the box and re route any lines and what not to delete the box. Im not going to go to the full extent as to switching over to non ABS cv shafts and hubs but would like to get rid of the box as it is the most undesirable place in the engine compartment, and It doesnt work.

looking at the partsbin.com there are different masters, Im wondering what the difference is? do the non abs units have more ports, or are they different sized pistons or what? the ports im assuming could just be plugged if there were excess and well an oversized piston would be great for less pedal pressure. Ive also been toying with the idea of deleting the power brakes and going to a different master to offset the pedal pressure.

I guess im just trying to clean things up and get rid of things to repair and make life easier. Anyone know who makes a good race master and pedal assembley? and anyone know the in and outs of the line layout into the abs box and what i need to do to take it out?

Thanks for the help in advance 8)

The non-abs MCs had two ports for the fronts, one to the left and one to the right. For the back there was a proportioning valve that distirbuted the pressure.

This will be a MUCH larger undertaking than you think. You would need to replace the hardline (I can recommend bending 15 year old metal lines). In the rear you would need to setup a proportioning valve. Yo ucan just do the same for the front too. I would just keep the non-workign pump there as long as the brakes work (it might be another problem as to why ABS is non-functional).

Here is what I did for fitting an ABS MC to my non ABS car:
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

well i was interested in going with a rear adjustable prop valve but i guess im unaware as to why i need one for the front too? or does the abs box take in to account for both of them and with the deletion i am deleting that too

I was just looking at AP M/C's and there pedal boxes.
      has anyone ever messed with this stuff? Nobodys done this on there track cars?

Comment

There are outputs for all 4 on ABS, each wheel is braked independently.
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

Why would you want to do this? Whatever is wrong with your ABS is no doubt a very simple fix. Don't ditch it just because you don't know what is wrong.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
          https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Working...
          X