No announcement yet.

Massive BBK Wheel Fitment Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which template should I use for test fitting the mazda calipers? It seems the mazda caliper is a bit wider than the 280x22 kit.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Tire Rack has assured me that the Kosei K4Rs now available should clear the 300x22 kit (they are 15x8 et20). So that may be a better option than the TRMs which apparently are not so great in the bbk clearance area. I plan on buying a set for track in the coming months.

edit: see below for Race kit (300x32mm) result.
      Last edited by tttoon; 01-23-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tttoon View Post
        Tire Rack has assured me that the Kosei K4Rs now available should clear the Race Kit (they are 15x8 et20).
        Hi everyone.

The best way to know for sure is to send them the fitment templates. A positive reply would be the best news for the past couple of years. 15" x 8" with great BBK clearance. Here are the latest fitment templates from the newer version of the website.

Same address. New look. Three times the parts.

Last edited by Massive Lee; 01-23-2012, 06:00 PM.
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
          The best way to know for sure is to send them the fitment templates.
          Unfortunately I just saw that I sent them the 300x22 template in stead of the 300x32 template. Will send them the correct one ASAP and report back. But the 300x22 fits without spacer. Again, sorry guys!

Comment

Liking the new web site, and that 332x32mm kit god dam I do not need that, but do want just for looks.

The brake booster delete kit, will there possible be a future RHD version?
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome back Lee!

Your brakes are awesome
              88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Also, if you're really hard up for fitment people like Forgeline will make you up whatever you like.

Also, Work Meister S1 2P can be custom made to clear the 300x32 race kit
                88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

The kosei k4r clears the 300x32 superlight kit as per tire rack, they checked vs the template. The say the wheel weights should be as much as possible against the spokes though.

Comment

Originally posted by tttoon View Post
                    The kosei k4r clears the 300x32 superlight kit as per tire rack, they checked vs the template. The say the wheel weights should be as much as possible against the spokes though.

Hooray. That's great news. The Race kit was initially developped around Team Dynamics's Pro-Race 1.0 wheel which had a fairly flat barrel for improved caliper clearance. That barrel shape changed with the 1.2 and 1.3. The 2.0 was a drop-in fit for the Race kit as was demonstrated in this thread, but again, TD has discontinued that wheel. :curse:

But knowing that Kosei offers a Race BBK friendly wheel is great news for all trackers.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Lee, do you have the template for the front and rear RACE kits? I wanted to know if they'd fit under my 16" BBS', but the template is no longer on the website. (unless I'm blind)

Originally posted by Janderson
                      you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
                        Lee, do you have the template for the front and rear RACE kits? I wanted to know if they'd fit under my 16" BBS', but the template is no longer on the website. (unless I'm blind)
                        Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        Hi everyone.

The best way to know for sure is to send them the fitment templates. A positive reply would be the best news for the past couple of years. 15" x 8" with great BBK clearance. Here are the latest fitment templates from the newer version of the website.

www.massivebrakes.com
                        Same address. New look. Three times the parts.
                        If the front fits, the rear will automatically fit. I doubth the Race kit will fit your BBS wheels without thick spacers. Also, the rear kits will no longer be available with Superlite calipers as Wilwood has stopped producing them. Only the ones with 1.25" pistons will be available. The rear SL4R kits will still be offered, while the rear Superlite calipers will be replaced by the Dynapro with narrow mounts.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Thanks, I guess I missed that. :)
                          I'm actually running 24mm adapters, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Originally posted by Janderson
                          you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Hi theox69. May I suggest you check the 300x22mm kit as most likely you won't need any thicker, and it is now with the same floating system as the Race kit, just 10mm narrower.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I know this is for massive kits but I just picked up an ie 310mm kit and am now I'm the market for bbk friendly 17s
                              Been looking at redrilled style 5s.

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                              function>form

Comment

Welcome back Lee! There's been a few guys asing about e36/bbk brakes fitment - search your name, and hopefully you'll chime in.
                                Last edited by george graves; 01-24-2012, 11:20 PM.
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X