Massive BBK Wheel Fitment Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uberm3 View Post
    Hey Lee - wants the timeframe to offer the E30 sport and race kits with AP calipers?
    Thanks!
    I will produce the front race kit with 300x32mm discs and AP calipers by September. Hats and drive-pins remain the same as before. Only caliper mounts are different. But just to give you an idea of price, AP calipers alone are $1000.00 per pair ;-) There will be an advantage for Europeans though as the CP8350 calipers are cheaper over there, and more easily available than Wilwood products which end up costing the same as an AP part.
    Last edited by Massive Lee; 07-28-2012, 08:59 AM.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Gotta say, i'm glad I got my wilwood kit.

Grabbed a fresh pair of goggles today, gonna cut the dust shield tabs off tonight so I can bolt these bad boys up.
      I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
        I will produce the front race kit with 300x32mm discs and AP calipers by September. Hats and drive-pins remain the same as before. Only caliper mounts are different. But just to give you an idea of price, AP calipers alone are $1000.00 per pair ;-) There will be an advantage for Europeans though as the CP8350 calipers are cheaper over there, and more easily available than Wilwood products which end up costing the same as an AP part.
        I have mixed feelings about this but overall I think they are the good kind.

Comment

Lee,
          When you mention the 8350 is a thinner caliper than the SL6R, do you have any quick dimensions to share.

The SL6R is a tough caliper to fit wheels to on the E30, as we know, so somthing slightly narrower but still capable sounds brilliant.
          88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
            Lee,
            When you mention the 8350 is a thinner caliper than the SL6R, do you have any quick dimensions to share.

The SL6R is a tough caliper to fit wheels to on the E30, as we know, so somthing slightly narrower but still capable sounds brilliant.
            The SL6R is indeed wide. But as they are not cosmetic upgrades, finding proper wheels is needed. The next batch of hats for the 300x32mm kits will require an extra 2mm lateral clearance as I wanted to increase the gap between the disc and the steering arm's ball joint for those turning the rotors to a glowing red. ;-) The CP8350 has the same body width as the SL6R but it is slightly shorter.

There are thinner calipers on the market. But they have a thin flexible body and use thin pads. Not ideal for racing.

Anyway, for those interested in the process of machining a caliper mount, here are some pictures.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Blue balls.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I need myself a muilt axis cnc machine damit.
                sigpic

Comment

Now working with a new supplier for doing the anodizing. That supplier works mainly in aeronautical. Many of the parts they do end up in turbine engines. And in some of my kits ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Haven't seen this one specifically mentioned here:

300x22 with wilwood superlites fits arc8 17x8's by a mile.
                    I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

Originally posted by lbreevesii View Post

do you have pictures?

Comment

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Jeezus!
                          Not many wheels gonna clear that sombitch!

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                          function>form

Comment

Originally posted by lbreevesii View Post

Originally posted by MaloventEvil View Post
                            do you have pictures?
                            I'd be curious about this also, as my experience with trying an arc8 on my car with the 300x32 kit would make me think they didn't clear the 22 kit "by a mile". I wish they would have fit my car, believe me. Maybe they changed designs? (hoping here)
                            1973 Bavaria

Comment

do you have any wilwood brackets left over for any of your kits?

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                              function>form

Comment

Originally posted by dmoney(AB) View Post
                                do you have any wilwood brackets left over for any of your kits?
                                38 sets of brackets for the front 280x22mm VW-disc kit. 4 sets for the front 300x21mm kit with Superlite. One set for front 300x21mm with SL4R/SL6R. 3 sets for rear 300x32mm with SL4R, 5 sets for rear 300x32mm with Superlite/Dynalite.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
                                X