Clear All

32mm Race kit in Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2
    A bit of shaving needed.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
      I just had a reply from Jay Magelon at BW. He's on the case for supplying me a profile for the PR 1.3. Thanks all for your patience.

Lee

Thanks for keeping on him Lee! I am still looking for a wheel for the track ATM and am waiting to see if those fit.

Erik

Comment

i just received the profile... in autocad format. so, im currently trying to transfer it into a pdf... but a dxf file is not easy to translate.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Oh Jesus Christ, there is so much room in my Works for a BBK (Work Emotion CR Kais 17 x 8 ET 25) its unbelievable.

Obviously the Street is no problem, the Sport kit still has probably 20-25mm to the inside of the spokes, so it's apparent a Race kit would fit with ease.

I think I could have Lee build me a 330 x 32 mm custom kit with 6 piston calipers and still have no problem fitting them underneath those wheels. Although that would be completely unnecessary.

I think I'll save my money up for the Sport kit, so the brakes don't look so cute and tiny behind the wheels like they do now.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

So you're keeping your 17's? I saw your post at sccaforums.
            1973 Bavaria

Comment

Si, going with either 235/40 or 245/40.

Next year if I'm still liking it I'll probably by dome 17 x 9 TDs and flare the fenders to stuff 255s on the car.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

OKay then. So I received an Autocad file of the drawing for the 1.3 and I was quite excited to open it up and see what was changed from the previous versions.

The Pro Race 1.0 was a true race wheel. It was very light and was designed for big brakes. Indeed, the small barrel was quite large which made installing tires perhaps a bit more difficult.

So, here's the draft of the 1.3
                I have highlighted the recess that seems to be made more for ease of installing tires, than to accomodate big calipers. Look at the circled portion. This is where it will interfere. My first tests show that the tips of the caliper still interfere radially by 1.5mm

I will later surimpose all three versions so that everyone can see the evolution of that wheel.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Here are the overlayed profiles of the 1.0 and 1.3 wheels.

The 1.0 had way more lateral clearance and a few extra millimeters in radial clearance.
                  So, if you can find some 1.0, get them.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

has anyone tried the street kit under BBS RM's?
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I drove to Mosport yesterday (300 mile drive each way) and met with Lance and Allan. Allan had a mint 1985 MK Motorsport 325 with M52 transplant and Sport kit. Lance Webb is a rally guy whom I crossed at Targa Newfoundland and just bought a 1988 racecar from Jason Legger to do some regional racing and 3 hours enduro events. We did some pad testing with Lance's car. He runs the Sport kit (300mm x 21mm blank discs) with Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 without any spacer, on Hawk HT10s initially, then Wilwood's high friction endurance H compound. The pictures below show a direct fit - no spacer - no filling required. The tips of the calipers clear the barrel by about 2mm at the closest points.

BTW I highly recommend Wilwood's H pads on racecars. Much higher friction coefficient than HT10, wider temp range, friendly non-corrosive dust, very smooth on discs. They don't squeal, ever. They reach full friction very quick too.

One other recommendation, DO NOT use air ducts until you really feel some brake fade. Or you will keep the pads too cold, they won't be able to soften up and they will grind the discs faster than you wished. On such long track such as WGI and Mosport, no ducting needed for sure.

Last edited by Massive Lee; 04-26-2009, 02:48 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

clearance

.Lee

that is great to hear.

Joel
                        Last edited by JRKOUPE; 04-27-2009, 09:34 AM.
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

BTW If you guys are on Bimmerforums, I am now posting under "APEXraceparts" in the Track section. So don't hesitate to ask questions. I am representing a shop set-up by Eddy (Paintpro21), which is a recognized sponsor. Therefore I am legit...

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                            BTW If you guys are on Bimmerforums, I am now posting under "APEXraceparts" in the Track section. So don't hesitate to ask questions. I am representing a shop set-up by Eddy (Paintpro21), which is a recognized sponsor. Therefore I am legit...
                            A shop that will also be selling Massive brake parts once our site is finally completed. :p

You should have your ARC-8 wheels tomorrow, and we all know those have great clearance :pimp:

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Should I even ask if street or sport fit on Enkie 92's. 15x7 et20.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

No you shouldn't, you should print off the template and see for yourself.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X