Massive BBK Wheel Fitment Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eandrade View Post
    So did you mean that no one has tried it or that they won't fit over the brakes?

But you do have a good point there. I only saw one street tire that I would want to fit the 15x8 (the Hankook RS3s) ...good tires nonetheless, but an indication that I might have problems later finding tires.

I like the APEX ARC-8s (17x8 4x100) but I was hoping to save the cash. The BBS RG-Fs in the first post are gorgeous but they're only 7" wide and blow my budget out of the water. Oh well...the search continues...

I'm curious...what wheels did you end up going with that were wide enough for meaty rubber and fit a BBK?
    I'm sure people have run the 6UL wheel on e30's, I don't know of anybody that has tried to fit them over a Massive kit. I know a guy with a miata that just bought some 6UL wheels, I'll give them a test fit in the spring to see if the barrel clears the 'sport' brake kit.

Are you looking for a true street tire or a DOT "aproved" tire. I run 225 Nitto's on the track on the 15x8 Tire Rack wheels and really any 225 r-comp belongs on an 8" rim.
    sigpic
    '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by eandrade View Post
      So did you mean that no one has tried it or that they won't fit over the brakes?

But you do have a good point there. I only saw one street tire that I would want to fit the 15x8 (the Hankook RS3s) ...good tires nonetheless, but an indication that I might have problems later finding tires.

I like the APEX ARC-8s (17x8 4x100) but I was hoping to save the cash. The BBS RG-Fs in the first post are gorgeous but they're only 7" wide and blow my budget out of the water. Oh well...the search continues...

I'm curious...what wheels did you end up going with that were wide enough for meaty rubber and fit a BBK?
      Toyo sells the R1R in 225/45/15. There was a thread from a Dunlop guy on SCCA forums, about the possibility of the Star Spec becoming available in 9-12 months in 225/45/15 or even 245/40/15. I suspect 225/45 will become a more popular size as will some others in that area.

Since my E30 now is a lowly 318, I went 17x7.5" SSR Type Cs. Just over 14lbs and with the required 15-20mm spacers for good fitment, any BBK will be an easy fit. I'm going to run 215/40s RT-615s on them this summer just because they were available super cheap.

Even though not ideal, a 235/40 can still be shoehorned on a 7.5" rim. Though if I get serious about it, I'd likely run an Rcomp on them next year.

I also partly bought the SSRs because I always regretted selling the 16x7s on my Bronzit car. I like the look, plus they lightweight, strong, etc.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Link to my old post of fitment check for BBS RA, BBS RM, and Dotz 11 spoke.

Comment

Is anyone running the Street kit with 17" Kopis??

Comment

Originally posted by gverelli View Post
            They are 15x7 et24 euroweaves. Fit perfect. Wouldnt be surprised if the higher kit fits also (Never tried with the printout but I would think it would fit.)

I printed out the 300x21mm sport kit template and glued it to thin pc of cardboard to check the Euroweave fitment for a prospective buyer. According to my experience, there's plenty of room in the barrel(over the caliper), 2-3mm to the spokes but where the barrel and spokes meet there is a little interference. A 3mm would probably be enough, but I like to play it safe and would probably run a 5mm.
            -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyVT View Post
              I'm sure people have run the 6UL wheel on e30's, I don't know of anybody that has tried to fit them over a Massive kit. I know a guy with a miata that just bought some 6UL wheels, I'll give them a test fit in the spring to see if the barrel clears the 'sport' brake kit. .

Hi guys, a bit late to this one, but I recently put some 949 Racing 6UL wheels on my e30, over the Massive sport brake kit. Here are the pics. I have a friend in Seattle who has a CNC machine. He made me custom spacers for $125 per axle. The 6ULs are et36 and I chose a 20mm spacer for the front and a 16mm spacer for the rear, though 16mm would have worked for both the front and rear. My friend has the specs on the spacer and can build them for anyone who would like them. PM me if you want his contact info.

Comment

Wow. Thanks very much, Kurt. Are these 15"x8"?
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  Wow. Thanks very much, Kurt. Are these 15"x8"?
                  Yes, they are 15x8. I should have included that info as it is kind of important to know that if one is having spacers made...

Kurt

Comment

8" rims are great for anything beyond 205 tires. You can easily fit a 225 or 235 without ending up with ballooney sidewalls. Round sidewalls are okay for driving around as the shoulders are cushionny, but a disaster on a track as you loose a lot of precision from the twisting sidewalls.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by kuzimmer View Post
                      I have a friend in Seattle who has a CNC machine. He made me custom spacers for $125 per axle.
                      You call that a friend? You could have bought H&R's for less.

Comment

H&R probably won't make you custom spacers with two different hub sizes. I have seen many 9UL wheels on Hondas, having different hub sizes than BMWs.

BTW The reason I never offered thick spacers is simply because they are just too expensive to make, especially in small quantities... ;-)
                        Last edited by Massive Lee; 04-05-2010, 05:29 AM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

As Lee implied, try having someone make you custom spacers with a 67mm lip and 57.1mm centerbore and see how much it costs. $125 is a fair price when you are making one set at a time.

Here are a couple links for comparison:
                          http://www.wheeladapter.com/wheel_spacers.php

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/4DCGI/wheel_spacers

In my case, I had some parts my friend wanted, so we traded equal value items.

Kurt

Comment

I had this email from Kurt, that I think, deserves to be shared. It is about pad selection vs master cylinder size, as well as different responses from different pads. Kurt had a Street kit with BP20 and Hawk ST43 pads, mostly used at track events. Then he went to the Sport kit as seen in a previous post.

"Just looking for your thoughts on this. I'm running a 25mm MC. Your Street kit almost felt too firm but the Sport kit is perfect in terms of pedal feel. Since both used the same diameter pistons, I assume that this is just an artifact of the H pad vs the BP20s and ST43s I was using on the street kit?

The H pad does not engage as quickly as the ST43, but this is good, because its much easier to keep the car out of ABS. You had to really ease into the brake with the ST43s because because of the aggressive initial bite. I actually think I can shorten my braking zones with the H pad because I don't have to take the time to ease into them. The H pad also has a much less abrupt/smoother release than the ST43, which makes me more comfortable trailing further into a corner. It just seems easier to balance the car with H pads."

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                              I had this email from Kurt, that I think, deserves to be shared. It is about pad selection vs master cylinder size, as well as different responses from different pads. Kurt had a Street kit with BP20 and Hawk ST43 pads, mostly used at track events. Then he went to the Sport kit as seen in a previous post.
                              One slight correction, ST43s are made by Raybestos not Hawk

Comment

pads..

Kuz....

nice quote....makes me want to try H pads.....

I had been thinking Id try STs..........
                                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Working...
                                X