Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sparco steel strut bar, is it good?

I am thinking to purchase the front steel sparco strut bar,

I would like to know if is it too heavy or is it a good option?

any feed back,

Thanks, Mario
    dtireshop.com@verizon.net

I have heard that there are some fitting issues and some others work better but everyone seems to like them and the price is right.

Comment

i haven't heard anything negative about the bar yet. i find the sparco pretty light and well built. the install is tricky and all you have to do is jack the front of the car from the middle (that's what i did) and install the bar.

1991 330is

Comment

For the price, it's pretty good.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

thank you guys for the feedback,

good feedbak, I will be getting one,

Thanks, Mario

Comment

I have one. Stiff, light, and easy to adjust camber plates without having to remove it. It's a winner.

EDITED: this is the only pic I could find of mine. It's not a great pic, but at least you can see it.

sigpic
            1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
            2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

I used Sparco bars for several years and they are pretty good.

There are braces that are better at controlling compliance (flex) at the strut towers though.
              I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
                I used Sparco bars for several years and they are pretty good.

There are braces that are better at controlling compliance (flex) at the strut towers though.
                such as....manufactur? suggestions ?
                My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Mason design/ZEN bar. It also fits the M42 with its taller intake, which is why I'm running it. Very well-built bar, though.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

There are tons of choices. But don't kid yourself. A strut bar really doesn't do too much. If you're going to buy one, it makes sense to get one that's light, cheap, and easy to install/remove. I bought my Sparco brand new for something like $85. Personally, I can't see the point in spending much more than $100 for something that really offers very little utility.

And before everyone jumps down my throat: Yes, I'm running an E30 with a full-race suspension and R-compounds. Yes, I'm an experienced track driver (10 years of HPDE; 6 years as an instructor). Even on the track, a strut bar makes very little difference. On the street, it makes absolutely zero difference.
                    sigpic
                    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

I have one on my car, the install was a piece of cake, and as mentioned above it allows easy access to my camber plates.

Comment

Thank you guys,

I did order the Sparco front and I.E. rear, they are pretty light weight,

Thank you, Mario

Comment

What is the part number for the Sparco bar?

I think I ordred the wrong bar, I think I got the M3,

the one I got is part# 03677,

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                            There are tons of choices. But don't kid yourself. A strut bar really doesn't do too much. If you're going to buy one, it makes sense to get one that's light, cheap, and easy to install/remove. I bought my Sparco brand new for something like $85. Personally, I can't see the point in spending much more than $100 for something that really offers very little utility.

And before everyone jumps down my throat: Yes, I'm running an E30 with a full-race suspension and R-compounds. Yes, I'm an experienced track driver (10 years of HPDE; 6 years as an instructor). Even on the track, a strut bar makes very little difference. On the street, it makes absolutely zero difference.

After the better part of 30 years of building race cars, http://www.evolutionzen.com/chassis-compliance.html that's all I'm saying.
                            I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

strut bars front - rear and lower X

no you do not need a strut bar if the car is parked or if you cannot drive fast enough to notice the difference ,example car show people don"t need bars but aggressive driver types love them
                              BMW engineers are not dummys - they added the bars both on the front top and a front lower X brace to many hi performance cars they designed and also numerous other road car manufactures do likewise
                              MR. EMRE is as lost as a goat in a hail storm on this topic = dead wrong off target not correct not tuned in to reality in regards to basic chassis structural improvements , when the rubber meets the road the B S stops

Comment

Working...
                              X