Garagistic Subframe NIGHTMARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garagistic Subframe NIGHTMARE

I bought this subframe in August when it was on sale and I was trying to figure out why my car was drifting to the right when on the gas. I thought it was related to the control arms and I figured that upgrading the subframe to an adjustable one would help me true everything out. I just put in the garagistic subframe and it is WAY off. I had to drop the subframe 2 inches to get the 4 diff bolts to line up. I bent the back bracket as I was instructed by Garagistic. Well now the sub frame is up and the fucking bracket is still way off. The back should be vertical and there is a 10mm or so gap.

What do I do here? I dont want to keep bending the bracket and I dont like having a huge gap in front to deal with. I dont think a spacer is the way to go.

This subframe appears to be off a ti, as I have a spare ti frame for comparison it has the same exact openings. My old e30 frame is slightly different but the tabs are a little off now.
    sigpic
    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Subframe is up and bolted on and a normal non-riser bushing was used from AKG. Same that was on the car. The Fat part of the bushing is on top, between the subframe and the car.
    sigpic
    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

I couldn't find a picture to confirm, but is the front mounting tab bent forward? Even with the rear one bent back straight, the gap between the brackets looks much wider than the bushing.Should the front tab be straight with no jog bent into it?

Comment

Working...
      X