Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E38 Brembo caliper swap brake pads

Hey guys,

I saw a thread on here a little while back stating some other vehicles in North America that use the same pad dimensions as the E38 pads. I can't for the life of me find that thread, so I am just wondering if anyone has had luck cross referencing them with another vehicle here ?

Or if anyone has part numbers or places I can order from online.

Thanks

For anyone interested in doing the swap, I've found the part numbers for pads to be the same as E31 840 and 850Ci pads from some manufacturers. The also share pads with the 01-05 Ferrari 550's. I'm gonna order up a set and see how it works out and report back here!

Comment

It should be one of the Brembo standard pad shapes, although whether part numbers interchange with anything will depend on what compound is used.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
        It should be one of the Brembo standard pad shapes, although whether part numbers interchange with anything will depend on what compound is used.
        Yeah I figured the pad shape would be standardized but the shims between manufacturers may be different, but as for what I can see on multiple manufacturers websites they have the same part number.

Comment

What does this swap consist of?
          ​​​

Comment

Any update, [mention]Stg2Bro [/mention]?

Comment

Originally posted by ARealPerson View Post
              Any update, [mention]Stg2Bro [/mention]?
              I currently have pads, pins, and clips from an 850ci in mine and they fit perfect! Also for rebuilding they're the same seals and pistons size as well!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKTX View Post
                What does this swap consist of?
                ​​​
                I have a full IRP Front 5 lug swap so:

E36 Wheel bearings
                IRP Adapter sleeves
                Brake caliper adapters
                E38 Calipers
                E46 330ci front rotors.

Comment

Working...