Pads without so much dust??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pads without so much dust??

Just installed a new set of Pagid pads and goodness so much brake dust even just from a drive around the block. What pads do you guys recommend that cuts down on the dust? I don't track my E30..just a weekend driver.

Interested. I hate cleaning my basketweaves and they’re always getting dirty
    Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
    1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
    Palm Beach County

Comment

Bosch QuietCasts and Jurid stock replacements seemed decent in years past, but formulas change regularly. EBC Redstuffs are advertised as low dust, but my Euroweaves disagree.

Comment

Akebono ceramic pads, I have them on my 128, no dust and work great. I'll put them on the e30 when the current pads need replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike30e View Post
          Akebono ceramic pads, I have them on my 128, no dust and work great. I'll put them on the e30 when the current pads need replacing.
          awesome..will have to look into that..thanks!

Comment

I'll second the Akebono ceramic pads. Give them a chance to bed in. My first stop or two I was thinking "these things got to go" but after a few days they stop just fine.
            2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Aside from Akebono, Hawk ceramics are great also. They offer a good bite and produce low dust.

Comment

Originally posted by calster View Post
                Aside from Akebono, Hawk ceramics are great also. They offer a good bite and produce low dust.
                Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

I'm just casting another vote for akebono euro ceramics. Put them on my car after two years of riding around in dusty pagid semi metallics. I didn't notice a difference in braking performance, even the initial cold bite felt consistent to the semi-mets. Basically no dust now. Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
                  (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
                  X