325 passenger front wheel locking up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325 passenger front wheel locking up

I was leaving my school to get lunch an hour or so ago and when I got to the stop light my front right wheel just locked up as soon as I touched the brakes. It's a violent vibration kinda jerks the car. But as soon as I put the car in park and then drive again it drives completely normal until I try to use the brake again I decided to get it home engine braking and using the e brake. Any ideas why it's doing this? I had the front calipers off (still connected to line and placed on block so they weren't hanging, also applied antisieze to back of pads and a smidge to the pins)a few months ago when I did the springs and strut inserts and up until now they have functioned perfect. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated I'm about to take the wheel off and look for a culprit. Hopefully have this fixed by tonight I have work tomorrow

Took wheel off and found that the caliper bolt on the bottom backed out

Comment

feels good to find the problems huh?!! have a great day at work tomorrow. sent from hell using Tapatalk
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      '90 325i sedan daily driven
      '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
        feels good to find the problems huh?!! have a great day at work tomorrow. sent from hell using Tapatalk
        Felt great yeah. I found the issue after two minutes looking around all confused. Rested my hand on the caliper and was like. Hm, yeah that's not supposed to move lol

Comment

Working...
        X